· Only one application is permitted per household except for those living in the same residence with separate lease agreements
· Funds are limited, therefore everyone who applies may not receive financial assistance
Questions or Requests for Assistance
If you have questions or need assistance regarding the Camden County RECOVERS ERAP, please do not hesitate to call (856) 389-6704, Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
This funding is to be used to provide rental assistance to eligible Camden County residents to ensure housing stability. Applications must be submitted by tenants, and the funding will be disbursed directly to the landlords for a maximum of 12 months and up to 3 future months not to exceed Fair Market Value.
Program Qualification Criteria:
Eligible applicants – Camden County:
To be eligible, a household must be obligated to pay rent on a residential dwelling and it must be determined that:
· One or more individuals within the household has qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to the COVID-19 outbreak
· The household has a household income at or below 80% of area median income (AMI)
Assistance is available for expenses incurred after March 13, 2020, the date of the emergency declaration pursuant to section 501(b) of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, 42 U.S.C. 5191(b).
· Risk of Homelessness/Housing Instability Documentation
· Rental Arrears Determination Documentation
· Utilities and Home Energy Costs Assistance Determination Documentation (if applicable)
Note: Landlord must certify they have not received, and will not receive any other type of assistance for the applicant/rental unit for the same month(s)